Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Mom’s Adoptable Medicine Chest

This list includes several oils that together can cover a wide range of symptom providing relief
Christmas spirit
Citrus fresh
Di-Gize
Gentle baby
Joy
Lavender – Swiss Army Knife of Oils
Lemon
Melrose
Peppermint 
Purification
R.C.
Thieves - Antiseptic
Wintergreen – muscle relaxes, relieves bone ache
This is, once was Kathy’s, Now…
Allison Hajek-Farmer’s Essential Oil Kit

About me: Hi, I’m Allison. I’m Kathy Farmer’s youngest, 24 and a mommy too. My mom started in Young Living when I was just six or so. She is a Crown Diamond in the company and she is great at what she does. Growing up I was one of those kids who needed this kit the most, with all the bug bites, bee stings, knee scrapes, burns, sore throats, strange ganglion cists, and ear infections. You know how kids are. If anything I know you used to be one. Well thanks to the oils I’ve never missed a day of school… for being sick that is. Here’s why.
Allison’s recommendations for…


Christmas Spirit – sweet, spicy blend that taps into the happy, joyous and secure feelings associated with the holiday season. Has the effect of warming the heart.
- I use this oil as an antiseptic too.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Citrus Fresh – a calming, relaxing blend rich in powerful antioxidant d-limonene, it supports the immune system and overall health while bringing a sense of well-being, creativity, and feelings of joy.
I’ve used it when I’d study; it helps with memory retention and recall. Then I’d wear a little or smell some before and during a test.
- Makes a wonderful air purifier.
- It also adds a tasty citrus flavor to ice cream or in my balance complete shake (especially when I’m doing the 5 day cleanse).

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Di-Gize- is a dietary supplement that provides valuable aid for digestive concerns and helps support healthy digestive system. Ideal companion to the nutritional supplements ComforTone and JuvaTone.
- There have been several mornings or in the middle of the night when I’d feel very nauseous or my stomach ached really intensely. All I’d do is put a drop of Di-Gize on my abdomen, rub it in and would be relieved of those feelings quick.
- I also recommend digest plus cleanse if you got it. If desired this oil can be taken internally via a vegetable capsule or by putting a drop in a glass of water.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Gentle Baby is by far my favorites oil. It is specifically designed for mommies and babies. It helps calm emotions during pregnancy, which I used every day during my pregnancy, and is useful for quieting troubled little ones. It is also soothing to tender skin.
- I loved taking baths with this oil in a little bath gel mixed in my bath water. I’d bathe with this oil on any occasion, before I was pregnant when I needed to relax, during pregnancy and now baby and I take baths together.
- To avoid stretch marks I’d put Gentle Baby all over my growing belly, along with a little A.R.T., I have not one unwanted mark on my skin.
- During labor my husband put Gentle Baby on my perineum to help the skin stretch.
- I also put a drop or two on my daughter’s feet or her back to help her fall asleep.
- Some nights after the baby was born I’d wake up expecting her to wake me up to eat or I’d get antsy legs and no position was comfortable. I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep. I’d either put GB on my back, feet, and legs or take a hot late night GB bath. I’d be able to sleep.
- My mom would always put this oil in my back before bed to help me sleep.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Joy – brings joy to the heart. When worn as a perfume or cologne, joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness.
- I often diffuse Joy when I feel a little down or I saw something on the new that was depressing. I also like putting a drop on my chest over my heart to bring joyous felling all day.
- I had a day when I felt terrible and wanted to cry all night. I put Joy on my neck and smelled it until I felt like nothing could bring me down. I was amazed how it brought me ”Joy”. My husband loves to where this oil to work, he always has a good day.
- I’d also wear this oil during finals time during high school when I’d get stressed the most.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Lavender- is known as the Swiss Army Knife of oils because the constituents that make up each oil that give them their properties, lavender is the one that has the most wide range of constituents making this oil so versatile in contributing relief to several symptoms. Wonderful for conditioning the skin, for soothing burns, aids in healing cuts, lacerations, bruises, and skin irritation. It is great for winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. All homes should be equipped with Therapeutic-grade Lavender oil.
- The number one recommendation I have for lavender is for burn relief. It rids the throbbing pain that a burn causes and soothes the skin. Feels as good as putting something cold on a burn.
- Every summer, at the pool there would be at least one time I’d get sunburned. Lavender prevented my skin from peeling after a sunburn and often I’d have no burn the next day. Lavender works best on sunburns when used with Genesis Lotion and LavaDerm
- I use it to relax and relieve stress and as a sleep aid.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Lemon - has been widely used  in skin care to cleanse skin, may help reduce vericose veins and reduce wrinkles. May be beneficial for, anxiety, blood pressure, digestive problems, respiratory infections, and sores. Lemon is anti-infectious, antibacterial (spores), antiseptic, antiviral, and a disinfectant. 
- This oil is my addiction oil. I love to put it in water, especially my Swiss water bottle, it keeps the smell away without having to wash the bottle between each use. The water taste so good.
-  I use it to cook with, love using it on my chicken while it's cooking.
- For an extra treat for my girls is I take an ounce of Ningxia Red and 5 ounces of water and then a few drops of lemon and yummy yummy I have made a Pink Lemonade!

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

 Melrose – provides a protective barrier against skin challenges. When diffused, it helps dispel odors. Its antiseptic properties clean and disinfect cuts, scrapes, burns rashes and bruised tissue. Helps regenerate damaged tissue and reduces inflammation.
- I used Melrose on blemishes on my back and face.
- Anytime I had an injury and I didn’t have helicrysum I’d use Melrose.
- I’ve also used Melrose in a footbath when a foot odor would creep up.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Peppermint – has a strong, fresh, minty aroma. One of the most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency. It plays a role in improving taste and smell when inhaled and improves mental sharpness and concentration. Can also be used to trigger a sensation of fullness after meals.
- I use peppermint in water during the summer to help regulate my body temperature and cleanse the water at the same time.
- Anytime I get muscle soreness I use peppermint along with other muscle relaxers (Essential oils -Pan Away, Roman Chamomile, Aroma Size, Wintergreen, or Clove) to help enhance the effects of all the oils.
- Adds a grand flavor to ice cream or balance complete.
- Also helps to keep one alert, or awake.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Purification – can be used directly on the skin to cleanse and sooth insect bites, cuts and scrapes. When diffused, it helps to purify and cleanse the air from environmental impurities including cigarette smoke and other disagreeable odors.
- I’ve used this oil for acne on my face and back when I was a teenager. What helped is it dried up the oily spots and would shrink the blemishes and prevent others. For acne also try acne serum, and washing the face with Thieves Dentrome Plus or Satin Mint Scrub also try the A.R.T. cleanser.
- I like diffusing Purification when I dust and it does wonders to sprinkle some drops on the carpet before vacuuming. Purification refreshes the carpet; often when I vacuum, I’ve noticed my vacuum would smell like feet, not anymore.
- Once when I was eight-ish I had a rash of some sort on my leg. Not sure what it was, but instinctively I put purification on it and it pulled out something from the pores looked like crystals. The rash went away and it felt like normal skin.
- I’m also like sugar to mosquitoes and always get bit. Purification stops the itch and reduces the bite.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

R.C. – Gives relief from colds, bronchitis, sore throats, sinusitis, coughs, and respiratory congestion. Decongests sinus passages, combats lung infections, and relieves allergy symptoms.
- I would always get sick during finals at the end of the semester in the month of December during flu season (although it would never be worse than congestion and a cough). I would put R.C. on my neck, throat, back, and chest and behind my jaw, under my ear lobes. A couple drops in my hands and inhaled would do the trick. I’d be able to breathe with ease. My favorite receipt is boiled water, a towel and R.C. (helps with wintergreen and raven in the water mixture.). I’d just inhale until the water would turn cold.
- There was also a time in fourth grade when I had a ganglion cist on my wrist and I would use R.C. on the bump every day and within months it would shrink. Eventually it went away with R.C. and constant pressure. I’d rub that thing every day all day. I can’t remember how long it took to go away but it’s been gone ever since, 5th grade at least.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Thieves – Highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-infectious. Has killing power against airborne microorganisms. Studies show a kill rate of 99.96 percent of pseudomonas aeruginosa in just 12 minutes of diffusing (without the remaining microbes creating resistance). Also kills mold spores and they never come back. Thieves was created from research of 15th century spice merchants who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. Promotes healthy immune system.
- I use thieves anytime I get a tickle in my throat. Keeps me from getting sick. I’ve leaned from high school that from best results I should have used it when I knew I cold would be coming. Today, I just take my inner defense every day to prevent weakness in my immune system. Now if the tickle starts I put a drop in the back of my throat twice a day. Really, I prefer the Thieves Spray; it’s easier to get Thieves back there. Now that I’m more preventative rather than using Thieves when a clod starts I’ve had nothing more than a sight runny nose. When I travel I always bring Thieves. This oil should be second on the “every house hold must have” list. I love the fact that it is safe to use and provides better results compared to any other medicine for colds or cleaning products for that matter.
- I use a couple of drops of Thieve and Thieves Cleaner in my dishwasher to better sanitize my dishes.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

Wintergreen - soothes head tension and muscles after exercising. Anticoagulant, antispasmodic, highly anti-inflammatory, vasodilator, analgesic/anesthetic, reduces blood pressure, and reduces all types of pain. For those who don’t like the after taste of taking capsules, try using wintergreen with it.
- I use Wintergreen to give my husband a massage and visa versa.
- In high school when I’d lift weights I would us on sore muscles and any time I hyper extended a muscle. Compliments will with peppermint. Sometimes when I
knit my hands would crap up so I use Wintergreen for relief. Adds flavor to ice cream and Balance complete.

For more information see the Essential Oil Desk Reference.

I highly recommend all of these oils to have on hand. They’ve bettered my life my heath and my families’ health. I thank my mom for being involved with Young Living. This company and the product it provides make me feel proud that I am as healthy inside and out. It also is humbling to know that my daughter really has the best start in life. Ask anyone in Young living how this company has provided them with the means to live passionately healthy. I Also Recommend the For Essential Oil Desk Reference for any questions with health conditions and how to apply the oils and provides a better understanding for how the oils work what they do and how to live prosperously


The Essential Oil Desk Reference is published by YL wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment